Agriculture and Environment (Chema)
IntroductionCHEMA is one among the 6 development programmes and its main focus is Natural Resources Management and Sustainable Agriculture to enable the community of Rulenge-Ngara Diocese in 80 selected villages to manage their own natural resources towards increased productivity social – economically and in a sustainable way.
- Continuation of sustainable consolidation of the community – based afforestation & environmental programme
- Comprehensive Village based Natural Resources Management and Sustainable Agriculture project
- Continuation, Consolidation and expansion of the Community Forestry development project in the whole Diocese of Rulenge-Ngara
- Sustainable consolidation of the Community – Based afforestation & Environmental programme
- Comprehensive Village based Natural Resources Management and Sustainable Agriculture project (Participatory Village based approach)
Major challengesThe following are the key challenges prevailing in the target region and the entire population:
- Rampant environmental degradation
- Poor Land use management systems.
- Low farm productivity and high post harvest loses
- Limited diversification skills
- Limited access of farmers to market opportunities for agro-products.
- Unfavourable weather
- Limited access of farmers to financial facilities
Responsable personsFather ANTHONY NDIKUMULIMO
C/o BIHARAMULO PARISH